What is FIK
Outline of International Kendo Federation (FIK)
The establishment of FIK
FIK was established in 1970.
FIK is composed of National Kendo Federations, each of which exclusively represents the nation/region in Kendo. At the time of establishment, 17 countries/regions were affiliated with FIK. As of May 2015, 57 countries/regions are FIK affiliates.
FIK is a non-political and friendly organization and its purpose is to propagate and develop Kendo, Iaido and Jodo internationally and to foster the mutual trust and friendship among the affiliates.
The headquarters of FIK is located in the office of All Japan Kendo Federation in Tokyo, Japan.Major Activities of FIK
(1) To provide various assistance in order to promote the organization of the National Kendo Federation in each nation.
(2) To hold and assist seminars and workshops.
(3) To establish the rules for international matches.
(4) To provide standards (guidelines) for the Dan/Kyu examinations.
(5) To organize World Kendo Championships.
(6) To exchange information on techniques, equipment, etc.
(7) To undertake other activities necessary for achievement of the purposes set forth in the preceding articles.
FIK Officials@i2015-2018) as of May 18 2017
Approved at the FIK Board of Directors Meeting and GA on May 28 , 2015 in Tokyo Japan.
President: Fujio CHO (Japan)
Vice President: Masami Matsunaga (Japan)
Vice President: Yoshiteru Tagawa (USA)
Vice President: Jong-Rim Rhee (Korea)
Vice President: Alain Ducarme (Belgium)
Secretary General: Yukio Sato (Japan)
Auditor: Zsolt Vadadi (Hungary)
Auditor: Graham Sayar (New Zealand)
Directors (Japan) : Masayuki Miyasaka, Takeshi Masago, Shuji Fukumoto, Akira Kokaze
Council Nations and Directors (Asian Zone)
Korea: Seung- Ho Shin
Chinese Taipei: Wu Hsiang- Lo ( from May 18 2017)
Council Nations and Directors (American Zone)
Canada : Christian D' Orangeville
Brazil: Elizabeth Akemi Kodoto
Hawaii: Kathleen Nekomoto
Council Nations and Directors (European Zone)
Italy: Gianfranko Moretti
Germany: Detlf Viebranz
France: Eric Malassis ( from Nov 7 2016)